Operation Engineer (H/F) Paris
Myriad Connect is a mobile technology specialist with various range of products and services including: Mobile Infrastructure & USSD, Financial Inclusion, Mobile Services for Enterprise, Authentication, mobile security.
Myriad Connect has customers in over 40 countries and our platforms and services are currently deployed with 35+ operators worldwide, processing 1.5 billion+ mobile interactions per month.
As part of the Myriad Connect Division, you will help deliver our services to top operators around the World, located mainly in the Emerging Market (Africa, LATAM).
Your main mission as an Operations engineer is to:
- Deliver & maintain a service
- Drive complex deployments with the rest of the team
- Responsible for Linux systems administration, operations, automation, deployment, support and monitoring for all production and development systems
- Lead technology initiatives that drive scalability and reliability
- Improve the performance of our applications and solve scaling issues
- Write tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks
- Participate to the support and maintenance of our customers, and handle raised issues
- Deploy, monitor, and administer applications and underlying services operators’ infrastructure platforms
- Help to manage Cloud Usage and Cost Optimisation
- Ensure the Cloud/Operators infrastructure QoS and proper process are in place to maintain a highly available solution (Backup, Failover topology, ….)
- Design and implement proactive monitoring to ensure health, performance and security of our production and non-production cloud infrastructure
- Work with development teams to profile and optimize reference architectures
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams.
- Produce high quality systems documents
- Manage patches and releases into production (including rollbacks, etc)
- Be part of the on-call 24/7 roster
- Assist in on-going load and performance testing activities
Job Related Experience/Skills:
- 2 years working experience
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science and/or relevant industry certifications
- Good Communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of Linux environments
- Basics in networking protocols and ability to code and script (python, bash)
- Interest for debugging and troubleshooting activities
- Ability to communicate technically difficult concepts and to document procedures for a technical audience
- Excellent organization, documentation and communication skills
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies quickly.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders and multiple time-zones
- Ability to work well under pressure and work flexibly when faced with changing workloads.
- Enthusiasm to solve problems in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
Nice to have experience:
- Experience in high availability applications including redundancy, fail over, scalability, monitoring and performance
- Experience in high availability (99.9) cloud-based services or similar enterprise experience
- Experience with the following services, frameworks, and tools:
- Experience in AWS Architecture
- Experience in hosting environments
- Role will be based in Paris office, but will require frequent travels WW especially in Africa & LATAM
If you would like to join our team, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.