Operation Engineer Paris
Myriad Connect is a mobile technology specialist with various range of products and services including: Mobile Infrastructure & USSD, Financial Inclusion, Mobile Services for Enterprise, Authentication, mobile security.
Myriad Connect has customers in over 40 countries and our platforms and services are currently deployed with 35+ operators worldwide, processing 1.5 billion+ mobile interactions per month.
As part of the Myriad Connect Division, you will help deliver our services to top operators around the World, located mainly in the Emerging Market (Africa, LATAM).
Your main mission as an Operations engineer is to:
- Deliver & maintain a service
- Drive complex deployments with the rest of the team
- Responsible for Linux systems administration, operations, automation, deployment, support and monitoring for all production and development systems
- Lead technology initiatives that drive scalability and reliability
- Improve the performance of our applications and solve scaling issues
- Write tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks
- Support the platform remotely, handle the tickets raised by our customers
- Deploy, monitor, and administer applications and underlying services operators’ infrastructure platforms
- Help to manage Cloud Usage and Cost Optimisation
- Ensure the Cloud/Operators infrastructure QoS and proper process are in place to maintain a highly available solution (Backup, Failover topology, ….)
- Design and implement proactive monitoring to ensure health, performance and security of our production and non-production cloud infrastructure
- Work with development teams to profile and optimize reference architectures
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Produce high quality systems documents
- Manage patches and releases into production (including rollbacks, etc.)
- Be part of the On-Call rotation “astreinte” to maintain the 24/7 SLA
- Assist in on-going load and performance testing activities
Job Related Experience/Skills:
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science and/or relevant industry certifications
- Good Communication skills in English
- Proven expertise with networking protocols & Unix
- 2+ years production experience administrating highly-available cloud architectures.
- Networking, routing, failover/firewalls, VPN, User security, SSO, and encryption.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Expert in high availability applications including redundancy, fail over, scalability, monitoring and performance
- Strong in platform security with a working knowledge of best of breed tools and long-term security planning
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technically difficult concepts and to document work procedures for a technical audience
- Experience with high-volume web-based fault-tolerant distributed web sites/services production environment
- Experience in high availability (99.9) cloud-based services or similar enterprise experience
- Excellent organization, documentation and communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- You have a natural leadership due to your good understanding of Application and Networking concept
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders and multiple time-zones
- Ability to work well under pressure and work flexibly when faced with changing workloads.
- Enthusiasm to solve problems in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
Nice to have experience:
- Experience in cloud automation using tools such as Puppet, Chef…
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Structuring systems architecture for multiple deployments per week (not once per quarter) and developing processes, policies, and automation for multiple deployments per week
- Understands and champions continuous integration and creating the infrastructure required for continuous builds
- Experience with the following operating systems:
- Linux (Redhat based)
- VM Cluster
- Experience with the following services, frameworks, and tools:
- Experience in AWS Architecture
If you would like to join our team, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.